Private In-Home Piano Lessons For Preschool and Kindergarten Children
Piano Prep School is a program of private and individualized in-home piano lessons for preschool and kindergarten children in the Palos Verdes area and the South Bay’s beach cities. It was designed and developed by concert pianist and music educator Robin Alciatore and early childhood music teacher Pam Perry to help younger children learn keyboard fundamentals, rhythm, and basic note reading in preparation for more formal piano instruction.
Piano Lessons Younger Children Will Enjoy
Piano Prep School offers private and individualized piano lessons in your own home for children between the ages of 3 through 6 . Because lessons are tailored to the needs and abilities of each individual child, students learn more, retain more, and accomplish more. Lessons include opportunities to explore sound through singing, moving, listening, and playing the piano, as well as introductory experiences with verbalization and visualization of musical ideas. Elementary note reading, ear training, rhythm training, and singing are an integral part of the learning experience. The curriculum includes traditional children’s songs, folk songs, and timeless classical music.
The Superiority and Convenience Of In-Home Private Lessons
Piano Prep School offers private in-home lessons on the Palos Verdes Peninsula area and in the South Bay beach cities (Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, and Redondo Beach). Lessons are one-half hour in length and offered at convenient times on weekday afternoons.
Because lessons are private, full attention can be devoted to the student’s interests, innate musical abilities, and needs. Unlike group lessons that can only offer generalized music activities, Piano Prep School is specifically geared to teaching the fundamental concepts of piano playing at an appropriate pace and in a fun style that younger children will enjoy.
Our individualized approach to beginning piano lessons emphasizes:
1. Ear and Eye Training – friendly characters teach children to look and listen.
2. Technique – developed with chants, games and songs.
3. Improvisation – students improvise from the first lessons.
4. Engaging Songs – children learn proper hand positions and use all of their fingers to play.
Award-Winning Teaching Curriculum
The cornerstone of Piano Prep School’s curriculum is Randall and Nancy Faber’s award-winning Piano Adventures series. Written for ages 4 through 6, My First Piano Adventure captures the child’s playful spirit. Fun-filled songs, rhythm games and technique activities develop beginning keyboard skills. Three distinguishing features make this series unique and effective for the young 4-6 year old beginner.
1. A strong focus on technique embedded in the book through playful technique games, chants, and carefully-composed pieces that gently lead the child into pianistic motions.
2. An outstanding CD for the young student to listen, sing, tap, and play along with at the piano. The orchestrated songs on the CD feature children singing the lyrics, which has great appeal to the 4-6 year old beginner. The CD becomes a ready-made practice partner that guides the student and parent for all the pieces and activities in the books.
3. The fanciful art features five multi-cultural children who are also learning to play. These friends at the piano introduce basic rhythms, white key names, and a variety of white and black-key songs that span classical, folk, and blues.
The Lesson Book introduces directional pre-reading, elementary music theory and technique with engaging songs, games, and creative discovery at the keyboard. Young students will enjoy the multi-cultural “friends at the piano” who introduce white-key names, basic rhythms, and a variety of songs which span classical, folk, and blues. Ear-training and eye-training are also part of the curriculum. The Fabers’ instructional theory “ACE” – Analysis, Creativity, and Expression, guides the pedagogy of My First Piano Adventure. Analysis leads to understanding, creativity leads to self-discovery, and expression develops personal artistry. The CD for this book offers a unique listening experience with outstanding orchestrations and vocals. The recordings demonstrate a key principle of the course: when children listen, sing, tap, and move to their piano music, they play more musically.
For Further Information Or To Schedule Lessons:
Please use the contact form or contact Robin Alciatore directly at 310.545.7715
Private In-Home Piano Lessons For Beginners
Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rancho Palos Verdes, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach and El Segundo.